A Game called Futsal

I’m not a fan of sports and I guess sports don’t like me. I don’t have much exposure when it comes to it. PE classes and Volleyball varsity team are the closest things to what I called sports experience. When I was a kid, I wanted to join Milo clinics and be a gymnast but then again there’s an issue called money. If I was exposed to sports then probably I might be a sports lover or even good at any sports. What I really wanted is just to be good at one sport, just one. But then again, I’m not. My body is not coordinated and I can’t seem to do the right position, to remember the rules etc. tsk tsk.

This year I had a rare opportunity of joining Futsal Club in our company (thanks to Jerz). Though I don’t have any background in that sport I signed up just to experience the game, to sweat and to have fun. Last Wednesday, I played my first futsal game along with other officemates. I don’t really know its rules so I keep making mistakes like touching the ball with my hands (that’s one big no no here) and I can’t control the ball itself. I think I’m more on the defense side. All throughout the game I keep running towards the ball because everyone’s doing the same thing. I don’t know the mechanics of this game. All I know is to place the ball in your court and to prevent the other team from scoring. Before we start the game, they (futsal experts) taught us (futsal beginners) how to kick the ball, how to use your feet to stop a ball and so on. I can’t really kick the ball properly. My body has a mind of its own.

The whole time that we’re running I feel my heart is really palpitating non-stop that I thought I’m going to pass out right there. Believe me running to and fro the court could be really tiresome. I was sweating like I never sweat before. After the game, all my hibernating muscles are alive and kicking but I really had fun playing futsal.

Here’s to more futsal games

0 speak up: