The Unbearable Pain of Wisdom Tooth

Several days ago life introduced me to a new pain called extracted impacted wisdom tooth via surgery and elevation technique. So what exactly is this pain?

1.it’s being injected by loads of anesthesia to supposedly make it ‘painless’ near the target tooth to be removed. At that time, I feel that my mouth is a pin cushion and the dentist, a tailor placing his pins in my red like-watermelon mouth.

2.having to endure being injected by anesthesia four or more times in a row. Damn anesthesia is not working.

3.discovering that wisdom tooth, a tooth that you don’t want to let go is actually useless and serve no purpose at all.

4.supporting the weight of your dentist’s hands thru your mouth as he struggles to eliminate ze wisdom tooth. Fingers placed inside your mouth is not a good sight. Tsk tsk

5.that indescribable sharp pain when the dentist used his screwdriver-like gadget inside your mouth and his tong-like tool to remove your wisdom tooth.

6.being reprimanded by your dentist because you groan and groan out of pain

7.watching Lake Placid ( a movie about killer alligators) while the dentist does his thing.

8.being told that it cost more than you thought it would cost.

9.bleeding profusely and being numbed all at the same time

10. slow agonizing death-like pain that makes you wonder that God is punishing you..

11.looking bloated or giving the impression that you have mumps
12.sudden lugaw-mamon diet
13.staring enviously as others eat real food (with real food I mean adobo, lechon kawali ganyan)
14.inability to do any physical activity (sayang magrun pa naman sa Sunday)
15.Inability to sleep
16.being dependent totally on pain relievers (cataflam’s my bestfriend now)
17.walking with hankies to hide the papaya-like swelling and with hair all place down in front (mala-Sadako ganun)
18. trying to evade certain officemates who labeled your swelling cheeks as "cute"

Lesson learned: better take care of your teeth or lose them all at the expense of your money.

I guess there’s always a first for everything and anything in this world. Honestly, I never this would be that painful physically and financially speaking. But I know after this week, I’m going to be okay and will resume to my normal diet.. hehehe
I’m not sad losing two wisdom tooth (as I was before) and losing another two in the coming months (you see I was blessed by 4 impacted wisdom tooth). What am I sad about is I can’t eat anything that I like. Bow.



*image taken somewhere from the Internet.

0 speak up: